Adaptation for new students
Entering kindergarten marks the beginning of school education for our children who, for the first time in their lives, need to separate briefly from their closest families and learn to interact with teachers and schoolmates in an unfamiliar environment. It takes the collaboration of every teaching staff to help these new students adapt to school environment. When children feel accepted and loved, they can then enjoy a close rapport with the principal, teachers and the other staff members.
- Talks are arranged for the parents of new students to introduce our teaching philosophy, school environment and curriculum. Details about the beginning of school term, commonly faced issues for new students and some helpful tips will also be discussed.
- A detailed notice about the arrangements of the commencement of school term, alongside a brochure for new students, will be provided so parents have enough time to prepare the children and themselves for this period of transition.
- Parents are welcome to communicate directly with class teachers for both parties to better understand the needs of the children.
- An “adaption period” with special class timetable and parents’ participation will be arranged for new students to familiarise with school environment one step at a time.
- Pre-school family activities are designed for parents and children to have simulated class activities together in order to enhance children’s confidence at school.